How Proud are the Prideful?

I was downtown in my hometown, Memphis, TN this past Saturday when I noticed what seemed to be a celebration/parade going on close to Beale street. I had my Aunt slow down a  bit to take heed to what was happening and noticed a lot of people dressed in rainbow/color for the “gay pride” fair. The first thing that came to my mind was “wow, we have come so far as a nation!” I could feel the happiness/joy in the air as I watched everyone sing, dance, and party to what has to be the overall point of the celebration: the supreme court’s decision to make gay marriage legal in the U.S.  I must say, as an African American female, I am always most proud when I read the history of my ancestors and about their efforts to fight for their rights as humans so I am glad that I got to witness a moment that will become history because it meant that the people in my society accomplished what they fought so very hard for and equality was pronounced.

15 thoughts on “How Proud are the Prideful?

1. I’m excited to uncover this page. I need to to thank you for ones time for this particularly fantastic read !! I definitely really liked every part of it and i also have you saved to fav to look at new information in your site. Doodly