Memphis & Inequality

For many years the topic of inequality has been raised, but nothing actually done to change it. It is kind of like a relationship with a significant other. Have you ever sat back and let things happen that you know you were not satisfied with, but you did not want to alter the relationship, so you dealt with it? Memphis and its inequality reminds me of this kind of relationship, particularly when we look at where our money is invested. Recently Memphis City Schools shut down 4 elementary schools in the southwest corner of Memphis, forcing students to walk further, catch the bus, and/or parents to change their schedules and drop the children off at school and pick them up. This hurt many parents and it caused a drastic change in the lives of all of those involved including the students, parents, teachers, and other staff members. Closing down the schools will save about $4.2 million a year, mainly in the salaries of the staff. Imagine being told, as a teacher, that your school will be closed and you will be displaced. You did not have a choice in the decision and nothing you say can affect what is already in affect.

On the other hand, to attract tourists, the City of Memphis gave Bass Pro Shops $30 million to transform the Pyramid into a megastore and resort. While I understand the store will bring jobs to the city, I question whether or not it really costs that much to rebuild that location. Could we have awarded that money to the schools they shut down instead? Tennessee Department of Transportation officials awarded a $109.3 million contract to the reconstruction of the interchange in East Memphis. Repair the roads, but take away the schools. We have so much money to invest, but why not invest it into the education of our future? If this is the result of not having enough money, what will happen if we run out of money again? Do we shut down more schools to compensate for it? We as citizens of Memphis have to be more aggressive when it comes to anything hindering us from moving forward and really growing as a city.

It amazes me how we go to football or basketball games, and we scream for people we do not know. We pay a good amount of money to support the teams, but we are quiet when it really matters. We choose not to vote because we feel our vote will not count. We sit back when it hurts the worst but we get mad at the decisions others make for us when we had an opportunity to select who we wanted in office. Inequality is very well alive in Memphis. The question I raise is, what can we do to make inequality in Memphis a thing of the past?

We must come together and create a firm foundation for our city. Focus on what’s more important to our future. If you take away the things that mean the most to the citizens of Memphis, you run them out or cause the city to crumble. We need to invest to into our people and reach out to those who need help the most.

11 thoughts on “Memphis & Inequality

1. What are the most ideal approaches to save at Nike?

Nike is one of the main brands for dynamic footwear, attire, and frill. The retailer sells great items for men, ladies, and youngsters and focuses on being size-comprehensive for various body shapes and types. Nike makes its shoes with the most recent styles and advancements, so you can exercise and play sports at top execution while looking extraordinary.

Nike is a brand that gives its unwavering customers sales and discounts constantly, so you may not know which one to utilize. Underneath, they have made a rundown of the absolute best nike coupon code online, empowering you to save money on your buys:

Nike coupons and promo codes:

Nike leeway things
    The Nike understudy discount
    The Nike military discount

2. What do I get for joining the Nike rewards program?

At the point when you join the Nike rewards program, you will get a great deal of advantages. The Nike enrollment accompanies free delivery on all orders, select Nike promo codes accessible just to individuals, 60-day wear tests, and receipt-less returns.

What advantages are accessible on the off chance that I pursue the NikePlus participation program?

Turning into a NikePlus part makes them flabbergast benefits. Other than scoring free and discounted delivering on orders, the NikePlus Member program offers early admittance to recently delivered items, preparing tips and suggestions from competitors partnered with Nike. Also, the participation awards you admittance to preparing plans and different exercises dependent on your games of inclination, times for testing to wear and return shoes you buy as long as 60 days, birthday rewards, in-store express checkout choices and then some. Look at Nike’s site for considerably more advantages of the NikePlus enrollment program.

Are there any nike online coupon codes for new part discounts?

Indeed, when you pursue the Nike bulletin, you will get a 20% off promo code to apply to your request.

Is there a Nike discount for medical care laborers?

People on call and clinical experts get 20% off their buy at Nike. The medical services experts discount is just accessible on the web and can be recovered multiple times in a month. Follow the means on the Nike site to check your status and get a one time use promo code to save 20% on your next buy.

3. Oh, what a delightful expression! I wish to convey my sincere appreciation for the enthralling wisdom you’ve generously imparted. Incidentally, I’ve had the pleasure of delving into a highly fascinating piece crafted by Dennis Farley, exploring the mysterious charm exuded by Romanian women. You can find this intriguing composition at https://wisedate.net/romanian-women/ Might I inquire, what are your thoughts regarding this subject?

4. I’m writing on this topic these days, safetoto, but I have stopped writing because there is no reference material. Then I accidentally found your article. I can refer to a variety of materials, so I think the work I was preparing will work! Thank you for your efforts.

5. I’ve been troubled for several days with this topic. totosite, But by chance looking at your post solved my problem! I will leave my blog, so when would you like to visit it?

6. The assignment submission period was over and I was nervous, baccarat online and I am very happy to see your post just in time and it was a great help. Thank you ! Leave your blog address below. Please visit me anytime.