Beale street is still relevant!

When you think of Memphis what do you think? The Fedex forum, the Memphis Tigers, the Memphis Grizzlies, and Beale st. Beale st. is home of the Memphis blues. Beale st. is the most famous street in the city of Memphis.  Beale st. was a good place for Blues musicians to come and perform. Many African American musicians looked at the street as a great place to prosper and showcase their musical talents.  Beale st. was the Harlem of the South in the early 20th century. Beale st. was great for mainstream Black America and helped establish Memphis as a great musical city throughout the world.

As a twenty-one year old citizen of Memphis, I never knew that Beale st. is such an important landmark. I always looked at the street as a place to go have drinks, listen to Blues music, club and eat good Southern food. I had a lack of  knowledge about the importance of the street because it does not have a great significance to the city as it once did.During the week days Beale st. is like an abandoned town, but many citizens use the street for a place to go to get out the house on the weekends. It is still a tradition for drinking and social intoxication. The street still consist of many bars and clubs.The clubs on the street may have few live bands or musicians to visit. Many host local, voluntary bands to perform. The street’s most popular club is Club 152. Club 152 is the street’s main attraction now. The club is consisted of three floors and have different activities going on for each floor. The street is basically an outdoor club for me and my peers during the late hours of the night, on the weekends. Many people walk around and socialize. Jello shots and huge glasses of beer are almost in everyone’s hand.

During specific times of the year, Beale st. draws large attraction for Memphis citizens and outside visitors. Beale st. is popular for the Beale st. musical festival. The event is part of Memphis in May which is a showcase of musical talent locally and nationally. The musical festival was once popular for African Americans throughout the South. I love going to hear the different musicians perform. Tom Lee Park is filled with  many sounds and electrifying music. The music festival keeps the music element of the street intact with what made the street famous. Beale st. holds another cultural event which is the annual Africa in April. Africa in April is held for a week during the middle of the month. Africa in April helps attract many visitors to the street. During that entire week, Beale st. generates more money  because of the large amount of visitors. During the basketball season, Beale st. also attracts many visitors because of the success of both the University of Memphis Tigers men basketball team and the Memphis Grizzlies. The street sits next to the Fedex Forum and is a good place to go after a win  or to sit to watch the games.

10 thoughts on “Beale street is still relevant!

1. Panache Apparel is an online clothing store where you can find beautiful Pakistani dresses. Panache Apparel has a new collection of Pakistani dresses that combine traditional and modern styles.

2. Qhaaf Bedding is a renowned online brand in Pakistan, offering an exquisite range of bridal bed sheets and bridal bed sheet sets at competitive prices. With an extensive collection that caters to the diverse tastes of Pakistani brides, Qhaaf Bedding ensures quality and elegance while providing the best value for your investment in bridal bed sheets in Pakistan.

3. I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in penning this site.
    I am hoping to check out the same high-grade blog posts from you in the future as well. In fact, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own, personal blog now 😉

https://infomaestrat.com

4. Greate pieces. Keep writing such kind of information on your blog.

Im really impressed by your site. Hi there, You have performed an excellent job. I’ll
    definitely digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I am sure they’ll be benefited from this website.

Maqmakmac.com