Collierville School classroom size

The town of Collierville decided to create their own school district after the merger with Memphis city schools and Shelby County schools. This change in distracts has drastically changed the way the public school runs. One of the biggest changes is the amount of students that are now attending Collierville schools. The district now consists of eight schools and approximately 8,000 students.

Tennessee board of education classroom regulations only have one teacher per classroom. Each grade has to a max number of students, K-3 can have 25 students, 4-6 can have 30 students, and 7-12 can have 35 per classroom. I find these numbers of students per classroom unrealistic. I do not believe that these students are getting a solid education if the teacher is being pulled in every direction with all of these students. I read an article that if a classroom has over 20 students than a teacher assistant needs to be in the class. Students need to have a relationship with their teacher so they are comfortable in asking questions and feel like they belong in the class. Having so many students in a classroom does not let that teacher have that close bond with his or her students.

36 thoughts on “Collierville School classroom size

1. I completely agree with you. I live in Arlington, TN, a city that also created their own school district. I currently have a seven year old enrolled in the elementary school. Even though it is much better than the school he was in, 30 kids in one classroom, it still concerns me that the only assistance the teacher gets is through parent helpers. I feel that the children would do much better with additional support, especially during testing time when both students and teachers get very stressed. If we want a better educated society we must start at the primary and secondary education stage. I feel that it is especially necessary to have additional staff for middle and high school as social and truancy issues rise in these grade levels. If we spent a little bit more money and time in the beginning of a child’s education it will pay great dividends in the future.

2. I had no idea that there were issues with the number of students per classroom in the new municipal schools. I l live in Bartlett and was excited when Bartlett City Schools was established after the merger. I took honors and AP classes in high school and I remember enjoying them more than my general classes because there were less students. It was easier to focus in a smaller setting. I cannot imagine how one teacher can give each child in a class of thirty students the attention that he or she needs. I am a strong advocate for children’s education and agree that in order to ensure each child’s success in a classroom, we must have enough teachers to provide for each student.

3. I agree with your post. I used to attend Arlington High School and I graduated the year before they created their own school district also. While they were apart of Shelby County Schools the classrooms were big, around 20-25 so I can only image how they are now and how the teachers are doing with the sizes of the students.

4. This is nice to see that individuals of this space keep everything perfect and clean and they pursue study bay reviews to keep up with their stuff so well. A debt of gratitude is in order for offering it to us.

5. a city that also created their own school district. I currently have a seven year old enrolled in the elementary school. Even though it is much better than the school he was in, 30 kids in one classroom, it still concerns me that the only assistance the teacher gets is through parent helpers. review human synthesys studio

6. They’re produced by the very best degree developers who will be distinguished for your polo dress creating. You’ll find polo Ron Lauren inside exclusive array which include particular classes for men, women. Airco installateur

7. Thanks for the great post you posted. I like the way you describe the unique content. The points you raise are valid and reasonable. I am a tech support expert telling you about.
    kucoin login |

8. Thank you so much admin for uploading such amazing content with us your blog is really helpful for me. wish you all the best for upcoming comments. I am also wanted to write blog kindly guide me if my topic is uv c tube light then what should I do first and how will I create new and unique content on this topic

9. Thanks for this amazing information and please keep writing on this type of topic. I will share this with my friends they will be happy to get this information.
    My name is Skyla Wilson and I am a Dissertation Help provider in the UK. Scholars can connect to me on my site and get the best help from experts.

10. Дистанционные курсы переподготовки в Национальном университете современных технологий (НУСТ). Подготовка слушателей по востребованным на рынке труда профессия по направлениям: Психология, Педагогика, Судебная экспертиза, Менеджмент, Спорт, Транспорт и логистика, Культура и искусство, Маркетинг и PR, Безопасность, Инженерия, Строительство и ЖКХ и др. Современная образовательная платформа, которая позволяет обучаться в любом месте и в любое время. Выпускникам выдается диплом, который дает право на ведение профессиональной деятельности в частных и в государственных организациях. нуст.рф

11. Very useful post. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. Really its great article. Keep it up. yalelodge cc