Purpose of Correctional Facilities

I read an article  on the Purpose of Prisons/Correctional  facilities. In this article it gave four major purposes that a prison serves: 1. Retribution meaning  punishment  for crimes committed  against society 2. Incapacitating referring  to the removal of criminals from society so that they can no longer harm innocent  people 3. Deterrence  meaning the prevention  of future  crime. Hoping  that being locked up like animals has taught these individuals a lesson and has discouraged  them from committing  further crime 4. Rehabilitation  which refers to activities  designed  to change criminals into law abiding  citizens; which may include providing educational courses in prison, teaching  job skills and offering counseling  with a psychologist  or social  worker. The article further reads that results may vary in the makeup of their staff, design of the building  and their operations.

Okay, I do understand  that people should  face some type of retribution for an offense/crime committed and we should take responsibility  for our actions. What has been done to correct  their behavior  when these individuals are released  back into society, with felonies and criminal  backgrounds? Statistics  shows that at least 40% of ex-cons land back in prison. So, what are these so called correctional  facilities  actually  doing to reform these individuals?These facilities  claim  to rehab, but what are the end results? It seems to me that they take away their ability  to support a family and make it where it is inevitable  that they come back to prison. This way they can continue to make money…modern day slavery I say.

71 thoughts on “Purpose of Correctional Facilities

1. Truly, this article is really one of the very best in the history of articles. I am a antique ’Article’ collector and I sometimes read some new articles if I find them interesting. And I found this one pretty fascinating and it should go into my collection. Very good work! Permanent ontharen met laser

2. You might be wondering how you can utilize solar energy, without having to spend a fortune. Solar energy systems can be costly, but they can likewise be very budget friendly. Attempt utilizing solar energy lights on your walkway or around your lawn. You can also add solar panels slowly to your home overtime to lower a few of the costs gradually. Solar TX

3. Through this post, I know that your good knowledge in playing with all the pieces was very helpful. I notify that this is the first place where I find issues I’ve been searching for. You have a clever yet attractive way of writing. lucky color in 2023

4. Looking at this article, I miss the time when I didn’t wear a mask. baccaratcommunity Hopefully this corona will end soon. My blog is a blog that mainly posts pictures of daily life before Corona and landscapes at that time. If you want to remember that time again, please visit us.

5. I’m writing on this topic these days, baccarat online, but I have stopped writing because there is no reference material. Then I accidentally found your article. I can refer to a variety of materials, so I think the work I was preparing will work! Thank you for your efforts.

6. I found this post very interesting and informative.
    Thank you for sharing your special thoughts with us. I definitely share this with my peeps.
    Visit this and have fun !

제이나인 온라인 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 안전 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 검증 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 게임 사이트
    제이나인 라이브 카지노
    https://www.j9korea.com

7. When I read an article on this topic, totosite the first thought was profound and difficult, and I wondered if others could understand.. My site has a discussion board for articles and photos similar to this topic. Could you please visit me when you have time to discuss this topic?