A Media Obsessed Nation?

In search of a current affairs topic to really dig my heels into, I turned to Google Trends to take a look at the hottest topics on the web over the last couple of weeks. What I found was actually quite disturbing and it really made me think, “What is wrong with people?!” As I started scrolling I found that for the most part, the most common interests of Google searchers are celebrities and media scandals. Aside from a couple of days where actual news was trending, Hollywood was the main focus of point of most searchers. When did our society become so obsessed with the lives of celebrities? Has it always been this way? How can we teach children that they should be more concerned with real world news? If we can’t reverse this, what does it mean for our society as a whole?

60 thoughts on “A Media Obsessed Nation?

1. Attractive, post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I have liked browsing your blog posts. After all, I will surely subscribe to your feed, and I hope you will write again soon! เบทฟิก

2. Its such as you read my thoughts! You seem to know a lot approximately this, such as you wrote the guide in it or something. I feel that you just could do with a few percent to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, that is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I will definitely be back. winchester small rifle primers for sale