A Media Obsessed Nation?

In search of a current affairs topic to really dig my heels into, I turned to Google Trends to take a look at the hottest topics on the web over the last couple of weeks. What I found was actually quite disturbing and it really made me think, “What is wrong with people?!” As I started scrolling I found that for the most part, the most common interests of Google searchers are celebrities and media scandals. Aside from a couple of days where actual news was trending, Hollywood was the main focus of point of most searchers. When did our society become so obsessed with the lives of celebrities? Has it always been this way? How can we teach children that they should be more concerned with real world news? If we can’t reverse this, what does it mean for our society as a whole?

63 thoughts on “A Media Obsessed Nation?

1. While writing a project, remember that originality is key. You should make an effort to include knowledge from previous studies but do not let your effort become a book report instead of an original research paper and also visit https://studyclerk.com/law-research-paper site for law research paper. The results presented in the text should be well-organized, clear and easy to follow, even though you are addressing a specific group of readers or individuals.

2. Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. Telemarketing agency Spain

3. This is the reason and sign to Look outside the box of your ideas. To look on beyond the experience and work of others just to have a justification of your outcome. Great day dude. สล็อต

4. my name is Albert Roy. And I am a student. I’m looking for the best operating website online right now. and my friend advises me to get assistance from the top Anas service. Consequently, I discovered you on the internet. you talk about A Media Obsessed Nation article. thanks for sharing this site with us. Your writing talents are motivating to me. You did an excellent job. keep going.

5. Many people learn Spanish for practical purposes, such as business communication between people in different countries or for tourism. Others learn it for pleasure and as an enrichment activity but you can learn it from this https://bicortexlanguages.com/languages/learn-spanish/ site lessons easily. It’s the second most spoken language in the world after English, and it’s also one of the most important Bicortex languages for business. It’s also an official language in Mexico and Cuba, among others.

6. I found this post very interesting and informative.
    Thank you for sharing your special thoughts with us. I definitely share this with my peeps.
    Visit this and have fun !

제이나인 온라인 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 안전 카지노 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 검증 사이트
    제이나인 카지노 게임 사이트
    제이나인 라이브 카지노
    https://www.j9korea.com

7. I’ve been looking for photos and articles on this topic over the past few days due to a school assignment, totosite and I’m really happy to find a post with the material I was looking for! I bookmark and will come often! Thanks 😀

8. Of course, your article is good enough, casinonline but I thought it would be much better to see professional photos and videos together. There are articles and photos on these topics on my homepage, so please visit and share your opinions.

9. First of all, thank you for your post. casinocommunity Your posts are neatly organized with the information I want, so there are plenty of resources to reference. I bookmark this site and will find your posts frequently in the future. Thanks again ^^