Welcome!

Thanks for visiting the blog that I’ll author to support professional development of student affairs professionals. I am maintaining this blog as a part of my responsibilities to support Division of Student Affairs staff at the University of Memphis in their professional development. I encourage staff to peruse postings, which will occur weekly and typically be kept to 200 words. I hope this blog helps professionals to explore issues of importance to them and help them develop the skills and the confidence to enact student affairs work of the highest caliber.

7 thoughts on “Welcome!

1. Dan –
    Welcome to the blogging world, first and foremost.I’m excited to read and learn along with you and the Division of Student Affairs. Based on your stated objectives, I think blogging is a great platform to articulate knowledge in order to gain encouragement, support and additional ideas. That should certainly increase confidence in the long term. Best blogging wishes!
    Andy Huston (@hust0058)

2. Dan,
    Great job! Thanks for your efforts and I will push for people to use.
    Danny

3. Thanks for giving us a place to have these conversations – looking forward to it! Sort of hate that anti-spam control though…here’s my THIRD attempt.

4. Dan,
    thank you for providing this space. I have already enjoyed the content and plan to share it with some of my colleagues on other campuses.

5. Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering which blog platform are you using for this site? I’m getting sick and tired of WordPress because I’ve had problems with hackers and I’m looking at options for another platform. I would be great if you could point me in the direction of a good platform.

6. Unfortunately I cannot agree to that. However I always tolerate other persons’ opinions. That’s especially needed when you run your own blog. I’ll be following your blog with great interest.