Produsage

The Produsage reading was kinda confusing and sort of like blah 2 me…but after 2days the lecture, I now have a better understanding of it. I guess Kompoz.com would be like Produsage. Kompoz is an open collaboration community.  Here’s how it’s described on the site—-> Kompoz is a free online music collaboration service.  Use it to compose new music with other artists around the world.  Got an idea for a song?  Record a track.  Upload it.  Then invite others to add drums, bass, lyrics, vocals or anything else.

2 thoughts on “Produsage

1. This seems to be a very interesting kind of open collaboration community indeed.
    But I am wondering, if this concept to make music is really going to work – do you know a mainstream pop song that was made on this platform?
    I could imagine that a song that is edited by too many people, gets overloaded over time. Is there a certain point, when a song is “done“ and may not be changed anymore?

2. Eye don’t think a mainstream pop song has been created yet. It seems like most of the artists that use the site are just creating music 4 the sake of creating something. They basically give their songs away for free—-> yep they usually reach a certain point when they feel like the song is done….but eye don’t know who decides that (maybe they take a vote)