Team Members

We are:

Alex Littlejohn – My current research interests are sexual and gender minority populations, LGBTQ+ issues, race, ethnicity, and anti-racism, social justice advocacy, toxic masculinity, and health psychology.

Gabe Alfaro – My research interests include conspiracy theories and disinformation strategies used online, particularly as it relates to men’s perceived masculinity/sense of power. Additionally, I seek to identify personality traits that may predict some of these “dark” behaviors, be it online or off.

Katie Califano – My current research interests include health and wellbeing, sport and exercise psychology, neuroscience (specifically, concussions), and resilience.

Kelli Wierzbicki – My research interests focus on masculinity and sexual and gender minorities

Madison Lord – My research interestare generally centered on traditional masculine ideologies that contribute to offending behaviors, juror decision making, and expert witness credibility.  

Nik Priest – My research interests include trauma/PTSD, health psychology, sexual and gender minorities.

Rachel Goodman – My research interests include men and masculinities (aspects of career, sexuality and romantic relationships, help seeking and engagement in counseling, and health). I’m also interested in couples (Sexual satisfaction and desire, Intimacy processes, and couple counseling). 

Our other members (who are still missing pictures, ahem): include Andrew Milowsky, Paul Mowry, Swathi Prabhu, and Sam Raines.

Sue Lease – My interests span areas of gender, health, and work/career – all of which I find fascinating. I’m still looking for that project that combines all three! Additionally, although only one of the current team projects directly addresses LGBTQ issues, I have long-standing interest in this area, too, and many of the doctoral dissertations I’ve chaired or am a member of focus on issues that concern members of the GLBT community.