We are pleased to share the following publications and events from Professor Shaun Gallagher.
- The third edition of The Phenomenological Mind, will be published in October by Routledge (Shaun Gallagher, co-authored with Dan Zahavi)
Papers published open access:
- Vincini, S. and Gallagher, S. 2020. Developmental phenomenology: Examples from social cognition. Continental Philosophy Review. https://doi-org.ezproxy.memphis.edu/10.1007/s11007-020-09510-z
- Gallagher, S. and Varga, S. 2020. The meshed architecture of performance as a model of situated cognition. Frontiers in Psychology 11: 2140. doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2020.02140
Chapters in collected volumes:
- Gallagher, S. 2020. Body self-awareness: Multiple levels or dynamical gestalt. In K. Kendler, J. Parnas and P. Zachar (eds.), Levels of Analysis in Psychopathology (131-159). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- Gallagher, S. 2020. Who is the psychiatric subject? In K. Kendler, J. Parnas and P. Zachar (eds.), Levels of Analysis in Psychopathology (228-231). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press
- Gallagher, S. 2020. Phenomenology of agency and the cognitive sciences. In C. Erhard & T. Keiling (eds.). The Routledge Handbook of the Phenomenology of Agency (334-348). London: Routledge.
- Gallagher, S. 2020. To follow a rule: Lessons from baby logic. Interpreting Modernity: Essays in honor of Charles Taylor (21-34). Daniel Weinstock and Jacob Levy (eds.). Montreal: McGill-Queen’s University Press.
Recent and upcoming lectures (all done remotely via Zoom)
- Modeling the situation of social interaction. Seminar on Situated Cognition. Ruhr U. Bochum. (1 December 2020).
- When you know something that your brain doesn’t: Predictive processing and perceptual illusions. X-Spect Virtual Conference: Expecting Ourselves: Embodied Prediction and the Construction of Conscious Experience. University of Edinburgh (4-6 November 2020).
- Zero-intelligence and human automaticity at two extremes. First Conference on Zero/Minimal Intelligence Agents. Yale University and Max-Planke Institute for Human Development. (22 October 2020)
- Scaling up or scaling out? A recipe for explaining psychiatric conditions. Workshop on scaling up problem, enactivism and psychopathology. Ruhr U. Bochum. Online conference. (5 October 2020)
- Keynote: A meshed architecture in performance and social cognition. The First International School on Philosophy of Cognitive Science: 4E Approaches. Rescheduled-online. Sharif University of Technology, Tehran, Iran (9-10 September 2020)