Shebly County Teachers Strike

In Memphis, TN Shelby county teachers are speaking on taking a strike. Several of the teacher feel they are under paid for the work and responsibility they are involved in on a daily basis. News channel 3 interviewed some people to gather their thoughts on teachers taking a strike.  I was one of the parents they interviewed. They news cast ask me what where my thoughts about it and I told them” I absolutely disagree with the decision of taking a strike against the school board for higher wages..

I do agree that our teachers are extremely under paid. Teachers deserve better than still having to have a summer job to make ends meet. I feel that many of teachers go the extra mile for our children. I think they should come up with another way to get what they deserve. Going on strike will affect our children. It is no time frame on how long you will be on strike, so every day that a class is not being taught is another day of delaying our child from the proper education needed. Our children are our future why do we want to damage that?

I am a strong believer that all people signing up for a job such as teaching should not be in it for the money. There should be a passion for a job as teaching. It was already understood the pay for a teacher when applying for the job. So why demand a raise? I am not saying “never ask for a raise” but I don’t think it should get taken that far to deprive our kids of their future due to greediness.

Some people may disagree with my opinion. I’ve heard many people say strikes having been going on for decades and it’s the best way to get a point across. I’ve even read papers and articles stating that the school teachers should have been took this action when the Memphis police department received a raise years ago. Shelby county school teachers I’ve spoken to have not yet decided if they’re going to participate but do think they deserve a raise for their role in helping society by educating,.

So far the teachers of Shelby County have not started to strike. The teachers striking will cause a lot of ciaos. From not enough teachers in a classroom to shutting down the schools and the children getting really behind. Schools have already been shut down because of falling scores and it will be horrible for many others to shut down because of a strike. I truly believe many of the teachers that are planning to participate in the strike are the ones that are not teaching our children as the signed up to do.

I’ve listened to many people decision on this matter and so far I haven’t been persuaded that a strike is the very best and last effort to higher our teacher’s wages. Have anything else been done before this action? This is just the wrong thing to do to our children! I really hope this “strike thing” blows over because I would hate to see the day money overcomes teaching our children of Shelby County.

Here is a add link http://wreg.com/2014/08/27/parents-arent-happy-that-teachers-are-threatening-to-call-out-sick/

By:Treniece Lipford

30 thoughts on “Shebly County Teachers Strike

1. Of course, I also agree that the salaries of our teachers are very low. Teachers deserve better than the fact that jobs are still needed in the summer. Such an interesting blog about Shebly County Teachers Strike. By the way, I was looking for geography dissertation ideas here. Anyway, Such an informative post for me, thanks for sharing it.

2. My niece sometimes fails important subjects in college, which is fraught with the loss of a scholarship. Therefore, her parents are forced to look for tutors for her classes. Recently I told them about https://customwriting.com/ where my friends found awesome authors for writing essays for their son.

3. Recently, a classmate of ours talked about how he found a great site for custom sociology homework assignments. He scrolled through various offers for a long time and settled on Assignment Geek, as he really liked the terms of execution. Everything is strictly on time, inexpensive and the quality of work is very surprised.

4. You should read https://essay-reviewer.com/penmypaper-com-review/ before you use a particular service. Reviews show how well the company is run and whether or not they produce legitimate essays. By reading these reviews, you can find the best services that deliver value and freshness. However, be wary of the fake ones. There are many such websites. However, they do not necessarily offer the best service, so you have to be careful when selecting a writing company. It is also good to check if the company offers refunds or revisions, and if you can trust the customer service, you can make a good choice.

5. I believe that teachers should receive a decent salary, as they perform important educational work. Teachers should, by all means, transfer their knowledge to students, for example, at our university it is recommended to use services essay writer, this helps students in their studies

6. Mmm.. good to be here in your article or post, whatever, I think I should also work hard for my own website like I see some good and updated working in your site. Chape

7. Gangaur Realtech is a professionally managed organisation specializing in real estate services where integrated services are provided by professionals to its clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. Isolatiechape

8. Wonderful illustrated information. I thank you about that. No doubt it will be very useful for my future projects. Would like to see some other posts on the same subject! Airco kopen

9. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Vloerisolatie

10. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Sunpower zonnepanelen

11. The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right. Qcells zonnepanelen

12. Your site got my attention and shows me a different perception of how we should boost our site. This is really perfect for a new blogger like me who doesn’t want their site to be messy with those spammers who don’t even read your post but have the guts to comment on your site. Thanks again. โชคดีบาคาร่า

13. Small SEO Tools Main purpose to Make Search Engine Optimization (SEO) easy. We provide simple, professional-quality SEO analysis and critical SEO monitoring for websites. By making our tools intuitive and easy to understand, we’ve helped thousands of small-business owners, webmasters and SEO professionals improve their online presence.

14. I’ve been troubled for several days with this topic. casinosite, But by chance looking at your post solved my problem! I will leave my blog, so when would you like to visit it?