Transmedia Storytelling

I really enjoyed our class discussion especially with the online edition. But, class discussion was about creating story worlds that play out across multiple media platforms. There were more pro than cons because true fans enjoy have another outlet to their favorite show or movie. It also fit in today’s era because the internet play a big role in how people watch movies and television shows. Everyone these days are watching shows online, tablets, and smartphones. But there could be some cons to this too like people getting less information. For instance, if you liked the Walking Dead and were watching the webisodes or other shows and didn’t watch season 1 then you may not know everything that’s going on. Another con could be more money/funding needed up front. Also, will need to find co-collaborators/authors/ etc. But, I feel the pros outweigh the cons because when there are loyal fans of a show or movie, having the money or support wouldn’t be a problem. I feel that transmedia will and has been more common than in a niche. Simply because everything is always dealing with the internet. Maybe in the near future it will be in the niche and something better will take over.