School of Music Students Shine in UofM National Commercial

The Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music at the University of Memphis is proud to feature its talented students in the University’s new “This is MEmphis” national commercial. This inspiring campaign showcases their artistry and UofM’s state-of-the-art facilities, highlighting the exceptional resources and opportunities available to all students, including our musicians. The commercial celebrates the University’s dynamic community, where students are encouraged to explore, dream, and discover in a city renowned for its creativity and innovation.

Meet our students at the heart of the commercial:

Jingyi Bai
Jingyi Bai

Jingyi Bai is currently pursuing a Doctor of Musical Arts degree with a specialization in the pianoforte.

“In this school, I can immerse myself in a strong music atmosphere to learn and experience music. I feel very happy studying and living with many kind and like-minded people.”

TaVonte Campbell
TaVonte’ Campbell

TaVonte’ Campbell, A senior pursuing a Bachelor of Music in Music Industry with a concentration in Recording Technology, TaVonte’ Campbell showcases his talents on the drums for the School of Music’s commercial ensemble, SoundFuzion, and its Combos group.

“The University of Memphis has given me the place and facility to figure out who I am. Then professors gave me the opportunities to train that newfound self, and push them!”

Erin Harrell
Erin Harrell

Erin Harrell is a senior music business and recording technology major who plays drums as a hobby. Harrell currently is in Sound Fuzion and Mighty Sound of the South as the sound engineer for both ensembles.

“I enjoy being at the University of Memphis because it has brought me opportunities that I would never have gotten elsewhere. From the friends I’ve made to the business partners I am working with now and the small sized classes making learning personable and enjoyable! I have always known that I wanted to do something with music even being from a super small farming town in Illinois. I knew Memphis was filled with rich music history and I wanted to see firsthand how I could become a part of the history. I enjoy every minute I get to be in Memphis learning from some of the best music industry professionals!”

Jake Kienle
Jake Kienle

Senior Jake Kienle is earning a Bachelor of Music in Music Industry with a concentration in Recording Technology. A dedicated guitarist, Kienle has been honing his craft for the past five years.

Memphis has always been my home and I’ve grown up as a Tiger since I was a kid. Attending the university just made sense and it has been a natural fit for me.”

Trinity Miller
Trinity Miller

Trinity Adair Miller, a 2024 UofM graduate, earned her Bachelor of Fine Arts with a concentration in Music Business. While at Memphis, Miller performed in SoundFuzion and interned at 91.7 FM WYXR, where she now hosts “For the Gworlz” show.

Adair Miller is content creator and manager for Memphis musicians Marcella Simien and Talibah Safiya. Adair Miller released a single titled “Love Language“, which fans can enjoy on all streaming platforms.

Summer Moates
Summer Moates

Summer Moates, a junior pursuing a Bachelor of Music in Music Industry with a concentration in Recording Technology, Summer Moates showcases her talents as the bass guitarist for SoundFuzion.

“My favorite part of the UoM are the amazing professors, staff, and students. They inspire me to be the best version of myself every day!”

Sean Roman
Sean Roman

Sean Roman, a senior pursuing a Bachelor of Music in Recording Technology, is actively involved in live sound engineering for a variety of performance halls across campus. In addition to his live work, he records bands and artists in the Scheidt Family Performing Arts Center’s state-of-the-art recording studio. Roman also hones his analog recording skills, operating tape machines at Memphis Magnetic, contributing to the preservation of traditional recording techniques.

This national commercial not only showcases the talents of School of Music students but also underscores the University of Memphis’ commitment to providing all students with industry-leading resources and hands-on experiences. Whether in the concert hall or recording studio, UofM students are equipped with the skills and opportunities needed to make their mark on the world.

Back To Top
Skip to toolbar