Music Educator of the Year Award
The Rudi E. Scheidt School of Music celebrates and honors the accomplishments of educators who have made a significant and lasting contribution to the music education field and demonstrate a commitment to educating and inspiring the next generation of musicians and music lovers. The purpose of the award is to publicly recognize music educators for distinguished career accomplishments and for exemplary contributions to society and the music they have made.
- Active music educator or administrator who teaches music in public or private schools, kindergarten through college. Teachers in after-school, private studios, or other educational settings are not eligible.
- Have been in music education for 5 or more years
- Have attained extraordinary distinction and success in their profession.
- Have attained significant and ongoing contributions to the study and instruction of music.
- Be a person of such integrity and stature that the School of Music will take pride in its recognition.
- Letter of nomination written by the nominator (required)
- Up to three letters of support (one must be from an administrator and only one is from a family member) that specifically address the criteria.
- Current resume or biography for the individual
- Newspaper and magazine articles and/or links
- Personal stories
- Award or certificates of achievement
- Other items of interest
Upon nomination, the nominee will be contacted to confirm acceptance of nomination and to obtain additional information.