With the holidays about to go into full swing, the number of scams is on the rise. To keep yourself safe, here are a few things to remember:
- NEVER send personal or account information via email.
- ITS will ever ask for your password via email or phone.
- If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
- Any suspicious emails may be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org to be investigated.
- Do NOT click on links or attachments in suspicious or unknown emails.
- Phone calls can be a scam as well. Treat them the same as you would an email. Do NOT give out personal identification and report all suspicious calls to IT.
Feel free to contact x8888 with anything out of the ordinary.
Check out the resources listed below:
Remember: Be suspicious! Better to report something legitimate than to fail to report something fraudulent! While ITS provides a range of security protection in the background, YOU are the primary target and YOU are the link that closes the information security loop.